AFTrack is the display for your GPS and activates the world of hiking, biking, sailing, geocaching or more for your phone. The program handles tracking with smart and fixed logging features. It sends reports via GPRS or SMS. It receives SMS position messages and show it as a waypoint. It exports tracks and waypoints. Uses maps online and offline and more.
- map view with info docks - track, profile, route, way point.
The map view can contain some additional data in a dock.
MapsMaps are used as online or offline maps. Where online maps need a net connection to get it. But received parts of a maps are stored on the sdcard to protect against too much traffic. You may define own entries in the map definition file (maps.xml is found in sdcard/data/aftrack/conf). Zoom level goes from 2 to 16.
If the selected map doesn't deliver tile for the current area you can define a fall back map server.
Offline maps have to be made first. Use tools like the MobileAtlasCreator to get some maps for your area. Useful are around 5000 tiles in a file. The tiles are packed in a OSZ file (just a zip file with the downloads and a calibration info file). The MobileAtlasCreator generates this format since version 1.8a7. Place the files on your favorite directory and load it into AFTrack at the map list.
If the tiles are written to a SQLite database, larger tile numbers are possible - there are no tests to the limit, only statements up to 2 GB from the net ???. Use this formats mbtiles (Mobac: MBTiles SQLite) or sqlitedb (Mobac: Big Planet Tracks SQLite, OSMAND SQLite or RMaps SQLite)
Instructions for generating offline maps with MobileAtlasCreator and Maperitive
Offline maps without zoom level can imported from jpg, bmp or png format. This can combinated with calibration files in map, gmi, kml, kal or jpr format. The name of calibration and bitmap file has to be the same. Note: A bitmap is stored completely in memory. So it depends on the hardware, how big can the map (size = X x Y x 4 bytes).
See OSM-wiki for more online references.
Here you find some available sea maps in BSB3 format:
US area: charts.noaa.gov
Europe area: SeaNavCD (German): Baltic Sea, North Sea, Mediterranean_Sea
or SeaNavCD (English translation)
or OpenSeaMap Export
Offline vector maps from mapsforge project.
This can be used with the original maps on the mapsforge download or
the maps from openandromaps but to get the full features (coast line, contour lines) of this maps you will need to load the included theme file.
Use the map selector on top the switch between the available maps for your position (yellow = current map).
Auto map mode
If the 'auto map' mode is selected in the map settings, the program will select the next map for the current area from the list. When there are some more then one available it's always the first.
To see exact the selected offline map, just deselect 'auto map'.
Overlays are displayed on top of the current map. There are two samples for sea marks and hill shadows (only where data is available). Define others in the conf file 'overlay.xml'.
TrackingTracks are managed in the track list and some settings in the GPS settings. Export it from the list by hold the list entry for a longer time. Exports can be made to GPX, KML, OVL or IGC format. IGC format needs some settings to be done to get your personal values out.
It is also possible to collect a track from the incoming short messages, this can work as single or multi tracking.
Colors for multi tracking are placed in the folder aftrack/conf (file trackcolors.txt).
It is a list of hex numbers. See e.g. HTML Color Codes
Each track point can be send as short message or HTTP message immediately after generation.
RoutingRoutes are useful to show it on the map or let you guide to your targets. It can't be like street routing, it only works with one line.
AreasImport an area in the KML format. It can be displayed in different colors.
sample areas CTR in Germany
Way PointsWay points are organized in groups. So define your special interest group and add some points to it. Use the import of GPS or KML formated files or add point from your gps signal.
It is possible to set an anchor alarm to a way point when you receive short messages for it.
More waypoint icons can be placed in the AFTrack folder sdcard/data/aftrack/icons
Format must be PNG. The icon names are synchrone to the GPX "sym" or "groundspeak:type" tag.
E.g. Geocache 60x60 or Geocache 80x80
GPSBy default the location settings of the system are used. When tracks are recorded, it is recommended to switch off the network location.
You may use external bluetooth gps as well. But it an other app is needed. Search the market for 'gps provider' or visit the BlueGps4Droid page.
Start with a pairing of the phone and the gps in the bluetooth settings.
Start the new provider app and select the pairing parameters. Then the connection can start.
AFTrack will use this positions now.
SMS ReportingShort message reporting can be done manually or parallel to a track. This needs some settings first.
Incoming messages are checked for gps sentences and and processed if found.
This program also receive SMS reports (select GGA mode) from other AFTrack users and store the incoming values as a waypoint. For the name of the waypoint the phone book entry is used - if not already there. The GPS tracker TK102, TK102-2, TK102 clones, DNT, ELRO, GEODOG or SmartcomGps are possible to receive.
For special functions exists a template to individualize the sending text (template sms.txt is found in AFTrack directory conf). It contains the all available shortcuts to fill into the message (latitude, longitude, altitude, date, time, speed, direction and the adddres for the position - if internet connected).
The receive function can be used as an anchor alarm. Leave a gps tracker (or a second AFTrack version) on board and set an anchor alarm for its way point.
Basic requirements for the operation of GEODOG with AFTrackGEODOG collar with software version >= G1CG20W
The position reports are recognized in "TrackSMS" mode . To activate the this modus send a short message with the following content to the collar
Tracksmson (to switch on)
Tracksmsoff (to switch off)
The collar responds with a ready message.
After the command is confirmed, the mode is activated by a 3 second press on the home button. PLEASE NOTE: GPS and the lamp Home button flashing. It is made a new GPS fix now. Once the fix has been made successfully both lamps permanently.
From now the collar sends positions for the last 30 seconds in a 5 block format.
The transmission mode is switched off with a short press on the home button. WARNING: if the collar runs longer than 30 seconds the display goes to "sleep mode". Before switching off do a short push on the 'on / off' button.
If no network connection is available, the tracking data are buffered and sent out if this is possible.
Online ReportingOnline reporting means sending your position to a web site. This can be done in a single step or automatic with the log. There is a default setting for http://www.whererya.com. It can be done automaticly with the logging function or manually from the menu.
If no network connection is available, the tracking data are buffered and sent out if this is possible.
GPS- Log Mode - handles the different modes for logging
- Log Seconds - frequency for logging only used at log on second (values from 2 to 9999 seconds (30 minutes = 1800)
- GPS update settings for seconds and distance
- Altitude - select meter or feet
- Altitude correction - the altitude correction is used or not
- Altitude correction value for a manual altitude correction. When defined as 0 then the geo id is used,
- Special: when a barometer sensor is found then here are some more values:
- Use pressure for altitude
- Define a station for reference (here the metar name of an airport is used, see ourairports.mobi )
- Get pressure from the station
- Special: if the hardware sends NMEA sentences:
- Use NMEA data for positioning
- Write a NMEA log file
- Position format as decimal degree, degree with minutes, degree with minutes and seconds or UTM format
- Speed - select knots, miles, kilometers per hour, meter per minute or miles per minute
- Distance format as nautical mile, mile or kilometer
- Smart angle, the angle for smart logging
- Use filter for altitude to get smoother values
- Speed pause - define the minimal speed
- Use the compass when available
- Set the distance for the anchorage alarm
DisplayWay point settings
- How to display way points on screen
- Define the way point icon position
- Define the minimal zoom level to diplay the way points
- Show a small line to the way point when in goto mode
- Track color or 'up/down hill' color
- Track line size
- Track restart, generate a new track when x minutes left and run track is selected (0 = no new track)
- Route color or 'up/down hill' color
- Route line size
- Label size
- Show view direction on the map
- Center tracks/routes on maps or center the start point
- Start with last map view or last position
- Position pointer format
- Radius for virtual map center (km)
- Show wind info for the map center
- Unit for the wind speed
- Auto dock, display the dock for the 'view on map' function
- Set light alway on
- Lock the screen tabbing
- Set display orientation (automatic is not working correct on all devices)
Map- Define a scan folder
- Scan the folder
- Scan at start (could slow down the app start)
- Clear the cache for the online map store
- Automatic selection of a map for the current area. Starts with the offline maps
- Define the cache directory
- Set the cache directory
- Use a online map as fallback map when selected online map is not available in the current area
- Stop the use of a net connection - uses only the cached values
- Set the position of the zoom buttons to the left side
- Load a new layout for the mapsforge maps
- Define the text size on mapsforge maps
These settings are for getting way point postitions from a server.
Before start a GpsGate connection fill the settings for the server.
Different profiles can be created.
A profile can be loaded from a settings file
Example of setting files
This helps you to send positions to a server.
Fill in all the values you need to connect a server.
This can be done in user profiles. So it's easy to switch to other server settings.
Sample settings for a GpsGate server
User Attribute: username
Use IMEI: off
Passwort Attribute: pw
Latitude Attribute: latitude
Longitude Attribuet: longitude
Altitude Attribute: altitude
Speed Attribute: speed
Direction Attribute: heading
Time Attribute: time
Time Format: HHmmss
Short MessageStorage settings
- SMS storage - predefined text to send
- Show commands in list
- Automatic send with log
- Select a string to send
- Define to send parallel to the logging
- Resend on trouble
- Number to send
- Center on sms position
- Play sound on sms income
IGCThe values to fill the IGC log
- Glider type
- Glider id
- Competition class
Known ProblemsShort Message applicaions can interfere with the reception of SMS if they occupy the inbox.
Reported are the apps 'GO SMS Pro' and 'Pansi SMS'
and the custom ROM 'MIUI'.
AFTrack Lite VersionThe lite version differences
- no automatic send via http
- no automatic send via short message
- no template sending via short message
- loads only three offline maps
- has a start screen
- has inside advertising
- limited export
- no multi track colors
Minimum Android version: 2.1, runnable on version: 4.0
Minimum screen: 320 x 480
Android Market and/or Google account: -
Third-party libraries: -
Rooted device: -
Location coarse location, fine location, mock location
Access network state, wifi state
Short message read, write, edit, send
Read contact data for incoming short message
Modify external storage
Read system log files